Chocolate almond cups
Taken from 'Delicious' these are a lovely nutty way to have a tasty treat
100g almonds, plus extra chopped almonds to serve 70g almond or other nut butter 65g coconut oil, melted 50g shredded coconut, plus extra to serve 2 tbs rice malt syrup 1 tsp ground cinnamon 1 tsp vanilla extract 100g puffed rice 160ml maple syrup 140g coconut oil, melted, extra 70g cacao powder
1. Grease holes of a 12-hole muffin pan and line with baking paper.
2. Whiz almonds in a food processor until roughly chopped. Add nut butter, coconut oil, shredded coconut, rice malt syrup, cinnamon, vanilla and 2 tbs maple syrup, and pulse to combine.
3. Divide among holes of muffin pan, using a spoon to press down. Freeze for 10 minutes or until slightly firmed.
4. Meanwhile, to make topping, combine extra coconut oil, cacao powder and remaining 1/2 cup (125ml) maple syrup in a jug.
5. Divide among muffin holes. Freeze for a further 30 minutes or until set. (Remove from pan and keep chilled if not serving immediately.)
6. Top with extra almond and shredded coconut to serve.