Chocolate beetroot brownie
Updated: Jul 12, 2019
Delicious brownie recipe using 90% cocoa chocolate. Dairy and gluten free with no added sugar.
3oz/75grms coconut butter
9oz dark chocolate
3 tblsp of xylitol
3 ½ oz of ground almonds
3 cooked beetroot
½ tsp of cinnamon
½ tsp of baking powder
3oz broken walnut pieces
2 tblsps of flaked almonds.
1. Light oven gas 5/elec 160’C. Grease and line a 12 x 8 square tin with parchment paper.
2. Put the chocolate, coconut butter and xylitol in a pan and heat gently until the chocolate melts. Do not over heat or boil.
3. In a food processor blend the beetroot and eggs until smooth.
4. In a bowl add the ground almonds, cinnamon and baking powder. Stir in the chocolate mixture, and egg mixture and mix till smooth. Stir in the walnuts.
5. Pour the mixture into the cake tin and sprinkle over the flaked almonds. Bake 20-25mins till springy to the touch.
6. Leave to cool in the tin, then remove and cut into bars. Will keep for up to 4 days in a tin or freeze.