Chocolate avocado mousse
Updated: Apr 11, 2019
Taken from the 'Art of Eating Well' This is a great alternative to a typical chocolate mousse recipe.
• 1 frozen ripe banana, peeled
• 3 tbsp cacao powder
• 1 chilled avocado
• 2 tbsp raw honey*
• 1 tsp lemon juice
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 tbsp chilled water
• A tiny pinch of sea salt
• *For Vegan substitute raw honey for maple syrup
• 1–2 tsp amaretto or a few drops of stevia, to sweeten
1. Blend all the mousse ingredients together in your food processor until smooth. Add the cacao powder first and, as you blend, have all the ingredients to hand in order to adjust the ratios slightly as the size of avocados and bananas varies so much. The perfect ratio in order to avoid the dish tasting too much of either is to use equal amounts of both.
2. Taste and add a few drops of stevia if you feel you need more sweetness.
3. Fill little cups or shot glasses with the mousse, sprinkle with the cacao powder or nibs and serve.